As I was out of contact for last week and just catching up on the rss feeds though the week, I thought I would do last weeks Friday finds today!:
1) Be a low maintanance person, Jim Martin’s tip of the week – Well worth a read to re-centre the ball on your attitude in social settings
2) Where have all the prophets Gone? – A really succint and well presented commentary on different types of callings and the friction that introduces into the church. I often think about the subjects brought up in this post.
3) Interview with Jim Jones’ son – I’ve always had an interest since I heard of Jonestown, and this is certainly an interesting view into it, and shows how his own son has, in his own way, lived to tell the tale. HT: Jim Martin
4) Phylis Tickle speaks about Emerging Church and how the church re-news in 500 year cycles - I love reading about the history of church thought, and Phylis here makes a convincing case for the development of church models.
6) The Truth about Conservatives – Scot McKnight asseses a sociological study on the perception and realities of Conseravtive Christians
7) Fasting; From What? – Scot looks at types of fasting and a theology of fasting
8) Fellowship is having shares in a cow – According to Andrew Jones, who gives a great run down of his research and experience into Fellowship
10) Andy talks about the voice of inner doom, which is something I can identify with at times, I also wanted to link his great post about weight gain and life lessons but didnt want to go overkill, but there you go Ive done it anyway.
11) Cant remember if I ever plugged Librivox, but if not, here it is Librivox essentially it posts free audiobooks that are passed the age of copyright and are read by its very own users. Ever wanted to read that book, but never got round to it, listen to it over a week on your commute!