I have a few posts in the mix but this is me signing off again for the weekend, leaving you with a few commended perusable articles:
1) For those of you on the look out for worship music stuff here, mercy me have started a blog, and Im glad to see there not taking themselves too seriously, I wonder if they might post some pedal board pics for us guitar geeks
2) Take your vitaminz posted an interesting quote from Erwin McManus about how western christianity can be revealed as very narcisstic and when all is stripped away there is no heart, no compassion or urgency. take a read, its short, worthwhile and motivating.
3) Jason Clark loves Church and so do I, the world is admirably arranged as one person once said. In actual fact though I think Jason has hit a really important balance here and offered sentiments that were stuck at the back of most people’s throat.
4) Relevant review cloverfield, which for me is THE most anticipated movie of 2008
5) Jim Martin has another excellent post on what you do really matters for those struggling with insecurity and meaning within vocation
6) Dan Phillips has an interesting encounter with Mormons and shares his conversation
8) Jamie is back from Australia and has written a superb article on Saint Francis and the crusades.
9) Nick Robinson is in Beijing with Gordon Brown who is declaring himself China’s unswerving economic ally whilst Nick reflects on how far China has to go in embracing true democracy as it has promised.
10) Steven Bush has some great pictures and words.
11) Local Aberdonian blogger Groanin’ Jock made a hilarious facebook for old people (pensionbook)
Apologies I lost track of some hat tips for the people I found some of these things through but as ever Psalm 24v1 applies